How do I add video clips to my profile
Meeting planners want to see you in action. Video is one of the best ways to market yourself online.
Answers to some frequently asked questions:
- Streaming video is included in your eSpeakers PLUS or PRO account (upgrade).
- Your account includes up to 30 minutes of video, and we recommend you split them across 3 to 5 separate clips. Use a clip for each of your major program titles, and in front of different sized audiences.
- Title your video clips in a way that helps meeting planners choose a clip that matches the meeting they are shopping for (ie, "From midgets to widgets", "Large audience in France").
- The first video on your list is seen the most. Certain places feature it specifically, so drag your main promo to the top of the list.
- Be sure your video is "bureau-friendly" -- has no direct contact information like websites, phone numbers, or email addresses. This requirement accommodates our publishing partners who may choose to pick up your profile and display it on their website.
- A file with video dimensions larger than 640x360 will not increase the finished quality (it will just take a lot longer to process). If your original file is smaller than 640x360, the finished quality will suffer.
- If your video file does not have a true HD aspect ratio (16:9) the conversion will add black bars to the left and right side to give it the correct dimensions for display in the video player.
How do I add video clips to my eSpeakers profile?
Adding video clips to your eSpeakers profile is easy. If you're used to the way YouTube works, you'll be right at home.
- In the MARKETING section of eSpeakers, choose the MULTIMEDIA tab.
- Click the ADD ITEM button in the VIDEO section.
- Add your clip:
- (fastest) enter the URL to a video file stored on your server (http://www.mysite.com/files/video1.m4v) , or to your video already posted to YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX0D4oZwCsA), and click COPY VIDEO FROM HERE.
- (slower) click the "SELECT VIDEO FILE FROM YOUR COMPUTER" and choose a video file from your hard drive. Popular types of video files are accepted, including files ending in: .mp4, .flv, .avi, .mov, .m4v, .wmv, .mpeg
- Select the video language and enter the clip title and description. Enter your initials to authorize the processing fee (if any). Click CONTINUE.
- The next screen displays the progress of your upload. If you entered a URL, this screen should only display for a few seconds. If you chose a file from your hard drive, it may take up to an hour to upload (depends on your Internet speed).
- When the upload is complete, you'll see a confirmation message.
- Your video is now in queue for processing. This may take up to 24 hours. You will receive a notification email when the processing is complete.
Get double duty from your video by using it on your own website, in addition to your eSpeakers profile. Use of the eSpeakers video plugin is included in your account and offers advantages over using YouTube of Flash-based video on your own website. Find out how...