Help other event organizers with SpeakerShare
Everyone benefits when help an event organizer through SpeakerShare:
- Help a colleague save time and get a great presenter
- The attractive shortlist email makes it easy for your colleague to evaluate your recommendations
- Don't worry about asking for a cut; your 5% commission is collected automatically when your colleague pays one of the speakers you referred through the platform
How do I refer speakers to my event organizer colleagues?
- If you haven't already, Register as a Sharer »
- Enter the speaking need on a short form, including the name of the event organizer, their email and phone number, and some basic details about the meeting that needs a speaker (date, location, topic area).
- Select up to 6 speakers you know who would do a good job and add them to the referral, or let eSpeakers staff make the picks.
- Add a short personal note to your colleague.
- The SpeakerShare program puts together a beautiful HTML email with your recommendations and your message and sends it to the event organizer.
- Each speaker in the email is clickable to their full eSpeakers profile, which can include video, social media, recommendations, etc.
- There's also a collaborator tool that lets the event organizer send your suggestions to others on their team and collects private feedback the event organizer can use to narrow down their selection.
A detailed guide is available on this guide to referring on SpeakerShare in 60 seconds »
How much commission do I get, and how?
5%, via Stripe.
When a speaker is paid through the eSpeakers Marketplace, the platform collects the fee from the buyer. The eSpeakers platform uses industry leader Stripe.com to process payments from buyers, collect commissions (like yours!) and send the balance to the speaker who is performing the services.
If you don't already have a Stripe account, you can do it now. Your Stripe account is free and makes it easy to get your commissions directly into your bank account.
When an event organizer you referred speakers to hires and pays one of them through the platform, your commission will be deposited into your Stripe account, and from them into your bank account. It's automatic, and you never have to ask, "So, um...where's my money, buddy?"
What if I don't want a commission?
Currently, the platform always pays you a commission on applicable hires. You can donate the income to your favorite charity or send lavish gifts to the staff at eSpeakers.
What happens if the event organizer doesn't pay their speaker through the platform?
If the event organizer hires one of your recommended speakers but does not pay them through the eSpeakers platform, then eSpeakers receives no part of the transaction and so cannot pass anything along to you. There are instances where the event organizer pays the speaker directly, outside of the platform, and later eSpeakers can collect the commission by invoicing the speaker. If we're able to collect the commission that way, we pass it on to you.
Encourage the speakers and event organizers you know to complete the transaction and pay on the eSpeakers platform. It provides transparency and security for all the parties, and makes sure you get paid!